Need money asap? Then why not donate blood for money? Typical rates are between $25 and $50 per donation and you can donate up to twice per week. So in a given month you could make anywhere from $200 to $400 by donating blood.
That’s up to $5,000 per year from donating blood! If you’re not afraid of needles then this could be the perfect way to earn money fast.
Find out how to donate blood for money below… or choose one of 482 places to donate plasma for money.
Don’t like needles? Check out these posts…
- Make A Blog: Turn $90 into $9,000
- Get help paying bills
- How to donate hair for money
- Our list of 29 “I need money now” ideas
- Our monster list of 66 Ways To Make Money Online
Donate Blood For Money:
To donate blood for money you need to do a pre-screen interview at a donation center. There are two main companies that run private blood banks, Biomat USA and CSL Plasma.
The pre-screening interview will take anywhere from 2-3 hours. Make an appointment ahead of time since wait times could add another 1-2 hours. During the pre-screening interview expect to receive a physical examination, comprehensive medical testing, and verification of ID and local address.
Don’t forget to bring proper ID if you’re donating blood for the first time. To do the pre-screening and donate blood for money you’ll need a driver’s license, social security card and proof of residency (a bill or bank statement).
Tips for Donating Blood:
- The first donation will take a bit longer to do the pre-screening and testing. Plan for 2-3 hours for the first time
- All subsequent donations will take anywhere between 30-60 min depending on wait times and how fast you’re able to supply blood
- To drastically reduce your wait time make an appointment (this is advised!)
- Bring something to do, donations can take 30-60 min
- Bring ID if you’re a first time donor. Typically you need:
- Divers license
- Social security card
- Proof of residency (bill or bank statement)
How Often Can You Donate Blood:
Current U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulations state that the maximum number of times you can donate blood is once every other day and no more than twice per seven day period. Therefor you can donate blood up to two times per week. At rates of $25-$50 per donation this means you could earn $200-$400/month donating blood!
Rules For Donating Blood:
- Blood donors must be above the age of 18
- Must have a permanent address and valid ID
- Tattoos or body piercings must be done at least 12 months ago
- Pre-screen physical examination and comprehensive medical testing must be completed
- Health history questionnaire must be completed to rule out individuals who engage in high-risk behavior or live an unhealthy lifestyle
- Must test negative for transmissible diseases such as hepatitis and HIV
Where To Donate Blood:
We’ve compiled a list of over four hundred places to donate blood for money. The list is grouped by state and city. To find a local blood donation center please visit our post 482 Places To Donate Plasma For Money.
Donating blood for money is a great way to earn money fast (as long as you’re comfortable with the needles!)
Good luck and happy donating!
Photo by Charleston’s TheDigitel via Flickr